After a historic week for our nation’s health care reform, we want to highlight women’s voices on the bill and on the issue. To OpEd Project alums with expertise in healthcare, we urge you to weigh in – we’ll happily match you with one of our mentor-editors if you’d like support. We also urge you to send women with expertise in healthcare to the Project – this month, we will be reserving a set number of scholarships in our seminars nationwide for women in this field. Meanwhile, thanks to The Women’s Media Center for gathering the below links – which spotlight key statements on behalf of women.
• NARAL http://www.prochoiceamerica.org/news/press-releases/2010/pr03212010-finalhousehcr.html
• NOW http://www.now.org/press/03-10/03-21b.html
• Planned Parenthood http://www.ppaction.org/network/hcr10fvng?source=hcr10fv_pphp
• Raising Women’s Voices http://www.raisingwomensvoices.net/raisingwomensvoices-blog/2010/3/21/health-reform-passes-congress-in-historic-vote.html
• Women’s Campaign Forum http://www.wcfonline.org/sites/wcf/index.php/sn/pyc2010_release_equality
• Catholics for Choice http://www.catholicsforchoice.org/OneStepForwardOneStepBack.asp