When you’ve got an interesting article that you want to share on Facebook or an important story that could use a lot of engagement, it can be tricky figuring out the best times to post it on social media. Luckily, there’s been some research conducted by a tech-savvy writer at Buffer to help determine optimal times for engagement.
Right off the bat, a few of the most useful findings are:
- Thursdays and Fridays are higher engagement days on Facebook.
- Overall, Facebook engagement is higher on weekends.
- Retweets on Twitter seem to be highest at 5pm.
- Emails about news and magazine updates are popular between noon and 2pm, when most people are at lunch.
- Mondays are the highest traffic days for the average blog–perhaps because people are catching up after the weekend.
The full article is here.