With the start of the academic season begins our Public Voices Fellowship programs at universities across the countries–which also means the launch of our monthly Media Gatekeeper calls. These conference calls are provided to our PVF fellows in order to link them with editors, producers, and other media gatekeepers at high-profile organizations.
In honor of the first 2013-14 Media Gatekeeper coming up in a few days, we wanted to thank everyone in 2013 who took the time to speak to us and our fellows about what it means to be a media maker today. Beginning with the most recent, they are:
- Jamil Smith, segment and digital producer for the Melissa Harris-Perry show on MSNBC
- Zerlina Maxwell, political analyst and contributing writer for The New York Daily News, Feministing.com, theGrio.com, and EBONY.com
- Nasir Khan, op-ed editor of Al Jazeera English
- Sewell Chan, op-ed editor of The New York Times
- Francine Kiefer and Cricket Fuller, editor and assistant editor of the opinion pages at Christian Science Monitor
- Mitra Kalita of Quartz
We appreciate you and your support of our mission to enrich the public conversation.